Sunday, October 16, 2011

{ Thankful }

Last weekend, we celebrated Thanksgiving, and boy do I have so much to be thankful for. The feelings are actually overwhelming, when I sit back and look at my life, and realize just how blessed I am.





I'm so thankful for my husband. The man who provides us with all the best in life, and works hard to do it. The man who cleans like it's nobody's business, and has been known to bust a move or burst into song while doing so, cracking me up every single time. The man who has given me our beautiful children, and continues to grow each and every day as a father and role model. The man I call my best friend.
(Disclaimer: Don't get me wrong. This is the same man who passes gas at the most inappropriate times, the man who knows how to push all my buttons, and the man who spits all over the mirror somehow every single time he brushes his teeth. He's not perfect, but I couldn't imagine my life without him, and that's what makes him perfect for me.)







My children - how do I even express that gratitude I have, for having the absolutely priceless privilege of being there mama? I look at them every day, and wonder how I got so lucky. I'm thankful for bedtime snuggles, for the way Jaxson says "I lu-you so much mama", for the way Novelle looks into my eyes with deep admiration as she nurses peacefully in my lap, for the constant laughs I share with Cheyna. I'm thankful for the lessons they teach me each and every day - lessons of patience, kindness, understanding, and love. I'm thankful for the way the have this uncanny ability to mold me into a better person than I ever knew I was capable of being. I'm thankful for every moment spent with them, and never take it for granted.






I'm thankful for the constant display of love and support displayed by our wonderful family and friends. In the past month or so, we have had non stop dinner parties, play dates, and other gatherings with loved ones. And, each time we end one of those magical days, I go to bed feeling deeply satisfied, and blessed. Blessed to know such wonderful people, and blessed to be part of such an amazing family.









I'm thankful for hot coffee on these cool mornings, for a cozy fireplace to snuggle up to, for the fall aromas of cinnamon and nutmeg that fill our home.

I'm thankful for our health.

I'm thankful for the food on our table, and the roof over our heads.

I'm thankful for more this year, than I have ever been in my life.
I feel truly blessed, and completely content with our beautiful life. And I wish you, my friends, this kind of love and happiness, each and every day.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...