Monday, September 26, 2011

Heavy Heart.

 As I tucked my cherished babies into their beds tonight, I kissed them more than usual, I told them I loved them in a way that they could feel the love, and I lingered in their rooms just a few minutes longer. I'd consider myself an extremely affectionate person...I love on those babies a lot. But tonight, it wasn't enough. Tonight, it needed to be more. Because in the blink of an eye, your life can change forever, and you may not get those moments again.
My heart is heavy as I think about Nancy Borusiewich, and her family. Nancy was a violinist with the KW symphony, and a teacher at the Beckett School of Music. She was beautiful and 36 years young, and had a wonderful life full of promise. She was a wife. She was a mother. And tonight, she is not there to tuck her baby into bed, and kiss him extra hard... because her life was taken by the viscous throws of ovarian cancer.
Nancy was the mother of one of Cheyna's classmates. I know this happens all the time, but this particular death hits really close to home. Dealing with cancer in my own family is hard enough. Seeing it get the best of someone so young...someone who was still needed here, has me feeling overwhelmed. I didn't know Nancy personally, but I can't stop thinking about her son who will go to bed tonight, knowing he will never see her again. I can't stop thinking about her husband who will have to bury her, and say goodbye for the last time.

Tonight, I am feeling thankful. Thankful for my family, their health, and my own health. Tonight, I am promising to tell my children often...more often, how much I love them. Life is so short, and I'm going to live mine without any regrets.

*************

On a happier note, we did have a good day. The skies were a bit dreary, the kids have runny noses and sore throats, and it was just a day for coziness and cuddles. And, a few tears, because let's face it - being sick sucks.

Books and blankets were scattered across the floor all day, and the house smelled of homemade chicken stock, simmering away.


We drank hot chocolate, and lounged around in our comfies. It was blissful, and should be done more often.
Oh! And to top the day off, I received a little surprise in the mail.


It's always a good day when you get free Nutella in the mail!

And, this one? She couldn't have been happier with our day of nothingness. She happily sat with us, gnawing away on those little fingers, trying to get some relief on those poor little inflamed gums. I think we'll be seeing some teeth very soon.



*****
Lastly, I started the "21 Days to Getting Organized Challenge" today. First up, the junk drawer!

(imagine a really messy junk drawer, here. Apparently my before picture got deleted! Oops!)
My junk drawer was filled with little things that actually had proper homes in other areas of the house, but were lazily thrown in there. So, I put everything in their respective homes, added a few containers for all the little things that seem to collect in there, and filed my receipts into a little monthly folder.
Much better!



Happy Monday, everyone!
xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...