Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Take time.

With so much going on these days (2 and a half weeks til moving day, and 6 weeks until baby's due date. I know, I can't believe it, either.), it's so hard to remember to just stop once in a while, and enjoy the here, the now, the present. So this past week has been about just that - taking the time to enjoy life, enjoy my kids, and make lasting memories. Because, when it comes down to it - 10, 15, 20 years from now, they're not going to remember the days of frantically throwing our belongings in boxes.
But maybe, they'll remember the day we were out running errands in the pouring rain, and we decided to call it quits to go home, and run through the downpour laughing hysterically, to go inside and make hot chocolate and snuggle as we watched the huge drops of raining hitting the pavement - you know, the kind that makes a little crown as each drops hits the concrete.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


The look on Jaxson's face when he figured out we were putting marshmallows in a drink made of chocolate, tells me "Yea mom...I'm gonna remember this"
Cheers to that.

Maybe they'll remember the Sunday afternoon when we were busy cleaning out the garage, and dropped everything to take an impromptu trip to the park.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket




Or, the sweet taste of the first Watermelon of spring...

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Or the first glimpse of familiar park friends returning from their winter vacations and hibernation...

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

So take time, to stop and smell the flowers



Photobucket


Photobucket


To soak up the sunshine

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


And to cherish every moment with the ones you love.

Photobucket


Photobucket


That's all that will matter when you look back. These are the memories that last.

*************

These last weeks leading up to the move have been hectic, to say the least. I often sit down to edit some photos, and think about something thoughtful to blog about, only to end up nodding off at the computer and dragging myself to bed, having accomplished nothing. But, such is life, and you'll have to bare with me while we venture on this new journey. I'm very excited to share it all with you! It may just be one, slow post at a time.

I wish I had some magical story to tell you, about how special and memorable my 3rd Mother's day was - but alas, duties called, and it was not a day about me. Instead, Jaxson spent the day with Daddy, while Cheyna and I peeled our tired bodies out of bed at 5am and headed to Brampton for her very first Provincial Jump Rope Competition.

Photobucket


She participated in 3 events in the morning - 30 second speed skipping, 3 minute speed skipping, and consecutive double-under skip. Over the lunch break, judges tallied up the scores to determine who qualified to perform their freestyle performance that afternoon. Being Cheyna's first year, we weren't sure if she would make the cut or not, but she did and she was a very proud little girl! Unfortunately, I couldn't get any decent pictures with the "no flash photography" rule in effect :(
She finished with a shiny "participant" ribbon, but didn't place at all. Which was totally okay and expected, seeing as she was competing against experienced jumpers from around the province, who have been skipping for years. She was proud to have simply been there, and is feeling motivated to keep training for next year!

So, my sore back and butt from sitting on those awful bleachers all day was not exactly how I dreamed of spending my day...but it was all worth it. And, thanks to my thoughtful husband, we enjoyed a nice dinner with our parents that evening, and the kids gave me a huge basket of pampering goodies from Bath & Body Works and a new orchid plant <3 (Obviously, he hasn't noticed the other wilting plants around our house, and thinks I'm skilled enough to keep this one living. I will do my best, but I make no promises!)

Photobucket

Lucky for me, Jaxson made up for lost time on Monday and we had a wonderful day together. He was such a little sweetheart...like he knew it was exactly what I needed! We spent lots of time out in the sun, going for walks and to the park, and had good conversation over a delicious breakfast AND lunch that we made together, with no phones or computers distracting me. It was wonderful.

I know there are a lot of wonderful mamas reading my blog, and I hope you all had a very special day...you deserve it. Like me, the day may not have been all about you, and it may not have gone completely as planned or as you hoped, but as mother's the greatest gift of all is often a hug from our babies and hearing the sweet sound of "I love you, Mommy". Let those moments remind you that you are appreciated and loved.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...