Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Happy Day




Today was one of those happy days...the kind where the sun shines brighter, the fruits taste sweeter, and my sweet boys smile melts me even more than it normally does. All the kids were well behaved - we had a fun day of cooking yummy meals, making colorful crafts, and playfully building puzzles and tossing balloons around. I didn't get that usual, overwhelming feeling of exhaustion that I have been getting lately. I just felt happy, and didn't even think twice about the dishes I was washing or the laundry I was folding. I was just, content.




Funny thing is - I didn't really have reason to be. Things were going sour with the offer on our house, and we were terrified the deal was going to fall through. On any other day, I would have been in pieces about it...but not today. Today, some unknown energy came over me, that gifted me with calmness and serenity...and somehow, in the back of my mind, I knew everything would work out.




Now, I don't want to say anything quite yet, as not to jinx myself...but tomorrow, you can look forward to some VERY good news!




For now, enjoy these:


(Painting caterpillars - love the bedhead)

(Fun with playdough!)


(My son loves pink...what can I say?)


(Dinnertime giggle fits. Trevor made some kind of sarcastic remark, and I laughed at him, to which Jaxson responded with this BIG, exaggerated laugh, and said "Oh, silly daddy", even though I'm sure he had no idea what we were laughing about. This just set off one of those, big, feel good, laughing fits for everyone.)


(Peach, mango, raspberry, banana smoothies for our bedtime snack, after a long, hot bath together. Love these nights.)



Oh! And on one final note -this week has brought us to a major milestone! We're a co-sleeping family, and getting Jaxson to sleep at night can be a very long job. But apparently, since he's TWO, and a big boy now, he's content with us having a quick snuggle, tucking him in and heading downstairs for him to fall asleep on his own. <3 *swoon* Gosh, one minute you think you'll never have your freedom back, and the next they're growing up so fast that you're not sure you're ready to let go! I am very proud of him, though. This was a big step.


I hope you all had a happy day...even though it's Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...