Monday, April 4, 2011

April showers bring...what?

Snow. That's what. Yesterday was a beautiful day. The sun was shining, we had spring coats on, and the weatherman promised a high of 15 degrees Celsius for the following day. We were soaking it up! We dug out the spring coats and rain boots, and fired up the grill. I even noticed some tulips starting to peek up from beneath the drowsy soil in my garden! The little man and daddy went outside to grill some chicken around 6:00. They had sweaters and slippers on, and Jaxson had his "shovel" in hand (which was actually a spatula, but since the kid is obsessed with shovels, everything is called a shovel - spoons, spatulas, end even shoe horns. Ha!). About 5 minutes into it, Jaxson comes inside and tells me he's cold - look outside and it's flippin' SNOWING! In April! It wasn't just a few flakes of snow...it was like, I don't know, some unwanted, little, mini snow storm! I snapped a pic of my tulips to show you the snow...

And then, 25 minutes later, I had to snap another one to show you just how much it had snowed...


Can you believe that?!


Of course, little Mr. Winter was thrilled, and happily put his hat and winter coat on to go back out in the madness with Daddy.


(He really was thrilled...just cold!)




*sigh* At least the snow was pretty.


At about 2:00am, I woke to a loud bang of thunder, some lightning, and big pellets of hail and rain. Talk about weird weather. Luckily the rain melted all the snow, and we can start dreaming of spring again.


In other news, I saw the Midwife today for my last monthly appointment. From here, I'll see her every 2 weeks! Everything looked good, although she couldn't check me very well because I kept having a contraction every time she put her hands on me. She's wasn't concerned about it, though. Jaxson did awesome. He generally cries hysterically, the entire time I'm up on the table being examined. But, today, he stood beside the bed and held my hand, without making a peep! Such a big boy! And, of course, he happily took a cookie from her cookie jar on the way out ;-) We had our home inspection tonight. From the sounds of it, we think it went pretty well, but we don't know the final verdict just yet! I'm hoping to hear something tomorrow! But, they technically have until Friday at 11pm to make any final decisions.


Well, it's off to bed for me. I'm hoping to work on some crafty things soon, to share with you! You know, now that I have some time on my hands...



Goodnight! (Photo courtesy of my "Camera Bag" app!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...