Monday, March 21, 2011

Phew.


What.A.Weekend.
*insert drop-dead smiley icon here* because, I am completely exhausted!


Trevor worked all weekend, so I called in the troops (which usually consists of my in laws) for some help getting the house ready to put on the market. Trevor had already worked his butt off all week, tiling bathrooms, putting light fixtures up, assembling new dining room tables, etc...so this weekend was just full of daunting little tasks like cleaning, de-cluttering, packing non-necessities up, and shipping them off to be stored. We worked from sun up til sun down, both days, but we did it. We finally got the house looking like it should be in a magazine (okay, okay. Maybe not that good.), and we brought the realtor in to give our humble little abode it's first, official, photo shoot.

We officially go up for sale this afternoon! Eep!! I am crossing my fingers, and toes, and everything else, praying for a quick sale - because, let's face it - we're down to 13 weeks and 2 days! The time is literally running out my door, and no matter how I struggle to pull it back, and stretch it out a little longer, it just keeps running faster.


Today is an un-planned day of laziness. Yoga pants, tea, television, and a comfy ottoman to put my feet up on. Sure, there's work that still needs to be done, but the little miss is telling me to "slow it down, mama" and leave the work to someone else! I'm feeling rotten today, with terrible backaches, and stomach cramps, and I'm certain it's a sign that I've over done it. So, today, we sit. And do nothing. And, judging by her increased movement this afternoon, I think she's happy with that plan.






Jaxson was happy to have his friends back today, and we celebrated with a little picnic in the castle. We're cool like that.





We also colored some rainbows, to continue on the path of welcoming spring, and sang some more silly songs .


Springtime Song
(Tune: Did you ever see a Lassie?)

My eyes can see it's springtime, it's springtime, its springtime.
My eyes can see it's springtime, the grass is so green!
The green grass, the flowers, the sunshine and showers.
My eyes can see it's springtime, and I am so glad.

My ears can hear it's springtime, its springtime, its springtime.
My ears can hear its springtime, the birds sweetly sing.
The birds sing, the lambs bleat the frogs croak, the bees buzz.
My ears can hear it's springtime, and I am so glad!

My body can feel its springtime, it's springtime, it's springtime.
My body can feel it's springtime, the air is so warm.
The warm air, the breezes, no frost and no freezes.
My body can feel it's springtime, and I am so glad




Spring Is Here
(Sung To: Are You Sleeping)

I see robins, I see bird's nests, Butterflies too, flowers too.
Everything is growing, The wind is gently blowing.
Spring is here, spring is here.







Happy Monday to you all. And, happy World Down Syndorome Awareness Day to those of you affected by it, in some way or another. Hope on over to Enjoying the Small Things for an inspirational post from Kelle Hampton.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...